If you’re a fan of Vivien Leigh, most likely you’re also a fan of Gone with the Wind! This November, a wonderful GWTW weekend packed full of activities is planned in the Midwest of America aka Saint Louis, MO! The festivities will begin on Friday, November 5th and will end on Sunday, November 7th. See the current schedule below. Please note that the Friday activities are not finalized but will announced soon. Reservations are now being accepted, please see the bottom of the post! I’m attending and participating in the events and hope to see you there! For the latest information, visit Sally Tippett Rains’s blog (she’s the mastermind behind this GWTW weekend): http://gwtwbook.wordpress.com/
A Fun, Educational Celebration of The History of Gone With The Wind.
Sponsored by Saint Louis University Museum of Art, Saint Louis University, American Airlines, HEC-TV, Drury Hotels, CPR Packaging, The Lodge at Grant’s Trail B&B, M&P Graphics
Friday, November 5
TBA “St. Louis and Civil War Connection to Gone With The Wind”
7 p.m. “Blog With The Wind” Meet people behind the GWTW websites, Facebook pages, and blogs – Drury Inn, Forest Park.
8 p.m. Fiddle-de-dee Follies –Musical/ stage production saluting GWTW- Drury Inn, Forest Park
Saturday November 6
9:30-11:30 a.m. “Market Bazaar”- Drury Inn Forest Park. Meet The Actors and Authors!
- Features autograph session with three actors from GWTW, plus author book signings.
11:30 a.m. Saint Louis University Museum of Art (SLUMA) 3663 Lindell Blvd. St. Louis, MO 63108
- Gone With The Wind Memorabilia Exhibit, featuring the collection of Novella Perrin, PhD.
- Special Musical Entertainment: Civil War Era Music- Laura Sleade, Ed Hawkes
12:30 p.m. “Margaret Mitchell Birthday Celebration”- SLUMA (Includes box lunch, ticket required)
- “The Atlanta Premiere of GWTW” Keynote Speaker: GWTW Expert Herb Bridges.
- Introduction of Dr. Novella Perrin about her Gone With The Wind Memorabilia Collection.
- “Beau Knows Gone With The Wind” Mickey Kuhn, Patrick Curtis, and Greg Giese, actors who played Beau Wilkes at various ages in Gone With The Wind. (No autographs at this event.*) Introduction by Patrisha Henson, GWTW Collector.
6:30 p.m. “Gateway To The Wind Charity Ball” Benefits Rainbows For Kids (www.RainbowsForKids.org)
- Bring your checkbook for the charity auction, including framed Yakovetic prints signed by Ann Rutherford and other GWTW actor
- Private VIP Reception, Open Bar, Appetizers,
- Dinner Buffet
- Souvenir Gift
- Live and Silent Auction
- Party combines “Then” and “Now”… Two bands, one is a Civil War era duo, the second one is a rock band. There will be Virginia Reel and other dancing.
- Antebellum “ball” wear or formal dress is encouraged but not required
Sunday, November 7
11:30 a.m. “Meet The Speakers And Artist Reception” with Warner Brothers artist, Yakovetic, and conference speakers.
- View Gone With The Wind art and special unveiling of Yakovetic’s newest painting: “Young Master Wilkes” (featuring Mickey Kuhn in his role of Beau Wilkes.) Kuhn will be on hand for the unveiling. Saint Louis Universtiy Cook Hall. 3674 Lindell Blv. (across from SLUMA).
12 p.m. “The Hollywood Connection”- Saint Louis University John Cook School of Business Anheuser Busch Auditorium. (Ticket Required. Refreshments/ snack lunch provided)
- Documentary Screening: “The Making Of A Masterpiece” featuring actors from the movie.
- “Gone With The Wind Memories From Our Mother, Marcella Rabwin” Mark and Paul Rabwin share stories told by their mother, Marcella Rabwin, executive assistant to Gone With The Wind producer David O. Selznick.
- “Vivien Leigh and Clark Gable” Leigh Mills, Vivien-Leigh.com
3 p.m. Gateway To The Wind Conference closes.
Reservations are now being accepted! Three packages available.
Gateway to the Wind, P.O. Box 6934 St. Louis, MO 63123
$90 Weekend Windie Pass Includes:
- *Friday Afternoon Gone With The Wind St. Louis/Civil War Event
- Friday evening Blog With The Wind
- Access to Market Bazaar on Saturday. Morning
- Saturday Margaret Mitchell Birthday Lunch and Speakers at SLUMA
- Sunday Hollywood Connection, Speakers and Refreshments at Saint Louis University Cook Hall
- Autographed copy of The Making Of A Masterpiece, by Sally Tippett Rains
- One Souvenir Documentary.
$60 Weekend Windie Pass Includes:
- Friday Afternoon Gone With The Wind St. Louis/Civil War Event
- Friday evening Blog With The Wind
- Access to Market Bazaar on Saturday Morning
- Saturday Margaret Mitchell Birthday Lunch & Speakers at SLUMA
- Hollywood Connection, Speakers and Refreshments at Saint Louis University Cook Hall
- One Souvenir Event Program
A La Carte Package- Create your own (Start with $60 or $90 Weekend Pass & Add What You Want)
___$20 each The Making Of A Masterpiece, The True Story Of Margaret Mitchell’s Classic Novel, Gone With The Wind, by Sally Tippett Rains. Autographed. (Book will be picked up when you check in.)
___ $10 each The Making Of A Masterpiece Documentary DVD. Features background on GWTW plus interviews with living actors from the movie including Ann Rutherford, Cammie King, Mickey Kuhn, Patrick Curtis, Greg Giese, and GWTW enthusiasts Dr. Christopher Sullivan and Robert Rosterman. this documentary was done through an educational grant and at this time there are no plans to sell it in the future.
___$10 Souvenir “Gateway To The Wind” Poster
You won’t want to miss the…
GATEWAY TO THE WIND CHARITY BALL!
Saturday November 6, 2010
Orlando Gardens Banquet Center
The Gateway To The Wind Ball is the theme of the annual charity gala for
Rainbows For Kids, a 501 (c) (3) charity. (www.RainbowsForKids.org)
Rainbows For Kids works with families of children with cancer, providing fun activities (including an annual baseball team, parties, trips to the theater, bowling parties, etc.), as well as support material, sponsorship for a free camp for kids with cancer, and much more. Author Sally Tippett Rains, whose family started the charity, is the volunteer Executive Director. There are no paid employees, everyone is a volunteer. We appreciate your support for these families who are going though such a tough time.
$100 Ticket Includes:
* Private VIP Reception, Open Bar, Appetizers
* Dinner Buffet
* Souvenir Gift
* Live and Silent Auction
NOTE: Separate check required for the ball, tax deductible as determined by the law.
Make check to Rainbows For Kids, and add $35 each for your copy (or copies) of The Filming of Gone With the Wind, by Herb Bridges, who will be at the ball signing books. Proceeds from the sales of this book will go to Rainbows For Kids.